This summer we are inviting churches and people of faith across Great Britain to LOVE YOUR SCHOOL. As a church and people of God we are called to lead the way, taking front foot faith.
So let's put our faith into prayer and our prayer into action, supporting our local schools, teachers, parents and students, in one of the most significant back to school seasons to date.
Join in with one or all of these 7 ways to love your local schools, put together by the Prayer Spaces in Schools team, this September:
- Get to know the people in your church. Who are teachers? What schools do the children attend? Maybe you could pray for them in your church service or in your own time.
- Print off a local map of your neighbourhood and highlight all of the schools. Ask God what you could pray for each of them or a Bible verse you could declare over them.
- Prayer walk to your local schools and maybe write a prayer on a lollypop stick and bury it into the ground outside each school.
- Offer to run a prayer space with your local school. Have a look at The Prayer Spaces in Schools 9 Step Guide to help you get started.
- Write a letter to your local school’s headteacher and ask what you can be praying for.
- Offer to volunteer at your local school.
- Find out more about other organisations that work in schools, especially local ones to you. Pray for them.
Here are a few national ones to check out:
Check out Prayer Spaces in Schools.
Prayer Spaces enable children and young people, of all faiths and none, to explore life’s questions, spirituality and faith in a safe, creative and interactive way.