“It is our plan,” says the UK Government’s website, “that all pupils, in all year groups, will return to school full-time from the beginning of the autumn term.”
But with social distancing, bubbles and deep cleans, the way schools look is different from ever before. As The Church and Christian Organisations we need to find new and creative ways to support our schools.
It is our prayer the conference will bring hope to schools. We are so excited to see the impact this is going to have across Great Britain!
“I have plans for you,” said the Lord to Jeremiah, “plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11)
So here are our top 5 reasons to join us at the “New Hope” Conference:
1. 1200 people have already signed up and you don’t want to miss out! Prayer Spaces in Schools are hosting the Schoolswork Conference alongside Youthscape.
2. Amazing Keynote input.
- Jill Rowe from the Oasis Trust, focusing on the wellbeing of pupils.
- Bishop Paul Butler and Baroness Elizabeth Berridge, who will look at how schools work and how the church can offer support.
- Esther Deans (MBE) who will discuss how we engage with the BLM conversation and build a more equal education system.
- Rachel Gardner who will commission us to overflow with hope for others.
3. The incredible Seminars which will include:
- ‘What do we do about the race issue?’
- ‘Back to School - a conversation with two Head teachers.’
- ‘How to host prayer spaces in a Covid world.’
- ‘Lockdown and loss.’
- ‘We do God - Experiential Apologetics.’
4. Find ‘New Hope’. Things are complicated right now, children & young people are confused and anxious, and about the future. We need the courage to be creative in supporting them, finding new ways to do things - and for that we need "New Hope." That is the heart of the day.
5. You can be a part of all from the comfort of your own sofa. What could be better?
Monday 21st September, starting at 10am and finishing by 3pm. We’ll be live-streaming to YouTube, and using Zoom for the webinars.