September marks the start of a new school year and we want to encourage you to pray for local children, teachers, students and school staff as they go back.
Preparing to Pray:
"While he was still speaking, a bright cloud covered them, and a voice from the cloud said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!”
Lord Jesus, my heart is open and my ears ready to hear your voice.
Guide me in my prayer today.
Your servant is listening.
I invite your kingdom to come.
- That children will be happy, comfortable, and not too unsettled by change.
- Peace for teachers and parents, that they wouldn’t be anxious.
- New routines and systems in place for schools.
- For leadership teams making big decisions.
- For families coming back, that parents and teachers would be clothed with compassion, patience kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. (Colossians 3:12)
Which of these prayer points stands out to you? Ask for Holy Spirit guidance. Is there a verse or picture that comes to you as you bring it before God?
Why not prayer walk?
Walk, run or cycle to the schools or universities in your area.
As you walk past pray for Gods Kingdom to come in the walls of these places, pray for Holy Spirit encounters in the hearts of those who work within them. If you had a word or picture pray into this, as you pass.
Read our Back to School Prayer 2020